Let's make a cake for dogs!
Chef Catalina Osorio shares this easy and delicious recipe to bake a cake for our dogs with lots of love. It is a very healthy carrot cake, very low in fat and without sugar, with a soft potato-based cover suitable for consumption by dogs. So go ahead and prepare this delicious dessert to show your pet how much you love him!
- 2 eggs
- 120 g of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/4 cups of milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 and a half cups of grated carrot
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 700 grams of potato
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Grease 2 molds for ponqués of size 20cm approx.
- Whisk together the eggs, peanut butter, oil, honey, and milk (it's okay if you have lumps of peanut butter left)
- Add the carrots, then the flour and baking soda, and stir until combined.
- Divide the dough into the two molds evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes
- Take out and let cool
- Unmold and rest
- Boil water to cook the skinless potatoes until very soft.
- Beat potatoes and yogurt with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth as possible, about 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed (speed 5).
- Use water to loosen the coating to a smooth, spreadable consistency. Do this while it's hot.
- Spread 1/4 of the topping on one of the cupcakes. Cover with the other ponqué. Cover top and sides with topping, reserving some for decorations.
Finally, cut a slice for your dog and enjoy! We recommend NOT giving him all the cake on the same day because we must portion it according to its size and age. For more information, consult your veterinarian.
- Eggs: Good source of protein for dogs.
- Peanut butter: Ideal for treats or prizes. Gives the cake an irresistible peanut butter smell (2.5 teaspoons per serving).
- Oil: A very small amount is used, about 1/2 teaspoon per slice.
- Milk: If you are concerned about your dog consuming dairy products, switch to water.
- Honey: For a touch of sweetness, 3/4 teaspoon per slice. You can skip it if you want.
- Carrot: Carrot is good for dogs! You can substitute it with zucchini or potatoes.
- Whole Wheat/Whole Flour: As with humans, carbohydrates are good to eat in moderation. Important that it is INTEGRAL flour.
- Baking soda: To make the cake rise.
- Potatoes: Like flour, cooked potato is fine to eat in moderation!
- Yogurt: The probiotics in yogurt are good for the digestive system of dogs, just like with humans! If your dog is sensitive to dairy, just use water.
Calories: 157kcal (8%) Carbohydrates: 20g (7%) Proteins: 4g (8%) Fats: 6g (9%)
Saturated Fat: 1g (6%) Cholesterol: 16mg (5%) Sodium: 204mg (9%) Potassium: 241mg (7%) Fiber: 1g (4%) Sugar: 5g (6%) Vitamin A: 1060 IU (21%) Vitamin C: 4.4 mg (5%) Calcium: 30 mg (3%) Iron: 2 mg (11%)
Recipe taken from: https://www.recipetineats.com/dog-cake-recipe/